The Kentucky State Police is currently accepting Trooper applications. Return all completed application materials to the KSP Recruitment Branch at 919 Versailles Road, Frankfort, KY 40601.
- Written Examination
- Push Ups
- Sit Ups
- 300 Meter Run
- Bench Press
- 1.5 Mile Run
- To Download A Physical Fitness Info Sheet, Click Here
Minimum Requirements for KSP Sworn Officers
KRS 16.040 (2) requires that all persons appointed as officers shall, at the time of their appointment, be:
- A citizen of the United States.
- Of good moral character and in good health.
- Not less than twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possess a valid driver's license against which no more than six (6) driver demerit points have been assessed. You must submit a copy of a valid driver's license at time of application.
- At the time of application, possess a minimum of a high school diploma or GED and three years work experience, or sixty (60) semester hours of credit from an accredited college or university, or be a high school graduate with at least two (2) years of active military duty or two (2) years of experience as a full-time, sworn law enforcement officer.
Disqualifications on becoming a KSP Trooper
Applicants shall be disqualified from further participation in the selection process or removed from the register if it is determined that:
- An applicant does not meet any one (1) of the qualifications for appointment as an officer.
- An applicant has made a false statement of material fact on the application or in response to any questions or requests for information during the selection process.
- An applicant has used or attempted to use political influence, coercion or bribery to secure an advantage in any phase of the selection process.
- An applicant has cheated during the course of any examination required during the selection process, or has attempted to gain an advantage over other applicants by any dishonest or intentionally misleading act or omission.
- An applicant has failed to comply with any instructions from the agency relating to the selection process.
- An applicant has been dismissed for cause from any public agency, or has resigned while charges of misconduct were pending.
- An applicant has been convicted of a felony or a crime of moral turpitude.
- An applicant is a current user of a controlled substance, unless prescribed by a physician.
- An applicant is addicted to any controlled substance or intoxicant.
- An applicant has more than six (6) driver demerit points against his operator's license.
- An applicant tests positive for an unlawful controlled substance as determined by a blood or urine analysis.
- An applicant has tattoos that can be seen when the applicant wears a Kentucky State Police summer uniform shirt, which the Kentucky State Police will make available for the applicant to try on when the applicant takes the written examination.
EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2002
Agency policy requires that tattoos or body piercings shall not be visible while in any agency issued uniform.
The Kentucky State Police is the leading law enforcement agency for the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Becoming a sworn officer in the Kentucky State Police is much more than just a job. The benefits extend well beyond those of ordinary professions.
As a Kentucky State Police Trooper, you'll be in a position that offers almost immeasurable rewards in the pursuit of service to the citizens of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
The Kentucky State Police is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D.